HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rex and the cell phone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Rex and the cell phone!   Sat May 03, 2008 8:31 am

tongue I cannot have my phone on vibrate! Even if it rings and vibrates, no go. He goes completely nuts if it does the vibrating thing, anyone else have that problem? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Sat May 03, 2008 8:38 am

Oh, interesting. Nope, not at our house ... they're pretty blase about everything except the darned doorbell, of course. And that's even though we've tried all those training tricks about taking them to the door and ringing it repeatedly over days so maybe they'll think the door bell is just one of those acts of nature and ignore it. ORr taking them to the front door and have a friend repeatedly ring the door bell in hopes of making the whole experience a big yawn. No dice unless we do it repeatedly for the rest of our natural lives. Maybe it works better with on.y 1 or 2 dogs instead of a pack that includes crazy Italians.

That being rambled, however, how about ringing your own phone so Rex can see it ... just put it on the table or the floor and ring it until he gets bored, or tell him to "leave it" or "sit" or whatever seems appropriate and give him a treat when he quiets down or (gasp!) ignores it.

Dunno ... new one on me. But ... hey! ... Rex would make a great service dog should you ever (God forbid!) go deaf! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Sat May 03, 2008 8:41 am

Funny!

He wants to eat the dang thing! I have not tried training it out of him yet, I just resigned to the fact that no vibrating while with him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Questdriven
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Sat May 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Cookie doesn't even notice cell phones...unless a stranger is using one. It makes her nervous for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Sat May 03, 2008 1:31 pm

I asked this somewhere else, and they said that the frequency could be hurting his ears! No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Rex and the cell phone   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

If Dakota sees a cell phone or a remote control she freaks out and runs and hides. If i get them near her she then pees. We think her breeders used shock collars on her with remotes. She doesn't like to have her collar touched. and if you take her collar off and then try to put it back on, She runs and hides. And if you hold her to put it back on, she pees. And she really fights not to get the collar back on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:34 am

My cell phone ring tone is a dog barking sound.
Needless to say when ever my phone rings, my dogs would look around and "Woof!" or tilt their heads (I love the way GSDs tilt their heads - I think it's soo cute!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:06 pm

I hadn't realize that I had not updated this thread.
What I did was take Rex on a major hike, till I felt like my legs were going to drop off somewhere along the way. Then when I got home, I threw the tennis ball until I thought that I would also lose an arm.
Then we went inside, to the Den, where I usually introduce a new command first. I put the cell on the end table next to a pile of yummy treats. Took my cordless, and called my cell while it rang and vibrated. He woofed once in alarm, but stared at the pile of "Leave it" treats sitting next to them and drooled.
I said good boy and treated.
We did this for a few days, and now I can have the cell anywhere and he ignores it. At first though, he was hoping for a random treat! tongue

That is too bad about Dakota's reaction, you may be right about the use of shock collars on pups, I would try to get that reported somehow, that is abuse!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:36 pm

missyntc How can you get a barking dog ring tone? Does it cost extra. That might help Dakota with her fear of cell phones. I would report the breeder but I have no proof that they use Shock collars. We are just guessing that they used shock collars because the way she acts. I wish I could prove it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:52 am

Hi Dakota's mom,

I got my ringtone free from Purina website:

http://www.purina.com/downloads/ForPhones/Ringtones.aspx

You have several to choose from.

Note: You might want to turn the ringtone volume down at work - I scared the heck out of my co-workers when they heard it the first time.

Missy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Razz Rex barks loud enough for me, I don't think that I would want more barking!! What a Face
That might be a good idea for Dakota though! study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rex and the cell phone!   

Back to top Go down

Rex and the cell phone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1