HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xOutFromUnder

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 pm

As most of you know, I am a photographer and I'm currently attending art college to get my degree. I'm self taught in photography, and I started out by taking pictures of my black cat Sassy, who has since passed away (I found him when I was very young, so we are guessing he was atleast 16 when he died). Sassy was a wonderful model for the camera- he knew sit and stay, and other 'dog' commands which made it easy to photograph him. I have never been so close to any animal as him. I'm not a real fan of cats because Sassy was more like a dog, and when I'd meet other cats that weren't like him I thought that there was something wrong with them! lol! Anyway, Two months after he passed away Zero showed up as a stray (I think Sassy may have sent her my way Wink ) Zero and I have grown as close as Sassy and I were and I'm very glad that she came when she did. She filled a BIG void.

Anyway, I ended up talking WAY more than I thought I would! LOL. Zero has turned out to be a WONDERFUL model! She is such a beautiful dog and all of my best animal photographs are of her. So, I thought I would share my favotite ones! She's so good at posing too, she will stay at her pose, then she will hear the click of the lens and move a little to change her pose for me, I didn't teach her that!

And, just for fun- Where my photography hobby and passion started, Here's my favorite pic of Sassy. I was just 12 when I took this (from a film camera too) :

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/rachellaurenphotography
rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

You are taking great pictures! Of course, Zero must somehow help you! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 am

Wonderfull photos... Such high quality. The subject is well framed in every image... Beautifful.

She looks an amazing dog. So noble. I love Sassy, great picture x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Questdriven
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

I self-taught myself to take good pictures too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm

wow those are amazing pics! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog. You are his life, his love,his leader. He will be yours, faithful, and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
-Anonymous

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shepherds4ever.allgoo.net
xOutFromUnder

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks everyone Smile
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait to get better pics of her then!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:30 pm

They are all really good, you are very talented. Of course it helps to have such a beautiful model. My favorites are 2, 4, 5 and 8. Particularly 2, I could write an entire story about picture 2.

I wish you lived closer, I would gladly have paid you to take Dutch's portraits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xOutFromUnder

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you very much!
The second photo was inspired by a wonderful book actually! You should check it out! It's called "Dogs" by Catherine Johnson and William Wegman, it's a photo collection of vintage photographs, it's very cool!

I would have loved to take photos of Dutch, I wish I could travel at this time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   

Back to top Go down

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1