HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

CGC and TDI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: CGC and TDI   Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:43 pm

I'm hoping this is the right place for this?

We are SO close to being able to take the CGC and TDI test. All of the hard work is paying off. It still seems so far away though.

There is only one thing on each test that he is unable to do, and that is being around strange dogs. A problem we've been working on for quite some time now. He has made wonderful progress and is much better than he was before. He can ignore dogs while out in public but occasionally a dog just doesnt sit right with him and he slips up and barks. I've worked with him as much as I can on my own and will continue to work with him, but I'm going to be contacting a trainer to help us. I contacted her about private agility training and she offered to help me work through his problem as well. For a reasonable price to boot!

I'm happy and bummed at the same time. Our goal is so close yet so far. We've worked hard for it and still aren't 100% there. Atleast the hard work is paying off

Anyway, I wanted to share the partial excitement of only having one thing on the test to work on before we can take it.

It is hard work but in the end I'm sure it will all be worth it.

I'm hoping to have both titles by the end of this year. So, we'll see. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow thats great Ashley. Gideon loves other dogs, but is a little wary of other people, i just think that all dogs have certain things they dont like. Im sure a wonderful dog likes yours will be able to master it in no time! Good luck though, keep us up to date!! Very Happy

He is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog. You are his life, his love,his leader. He will be yours, faithful, and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
-Anonymous

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shepherds4ever.allgoo.net
rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 am

It is amazing what people can accomplish when they put effort into something. You will get there, Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Travis, have you thought about taking a public obedience class to get Travis used to working around other dogs? That did the trick with Dutch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Questdriven
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 pm

That's almost my exact feelings about Cookie. She's so close to CGC, yet so far. I know that she needs an obedience class, but I'll have to wait until we can afford it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Congradulations so far, Ashley.

Keep working with him, hopefully he'll get better. I'm going with Dutch's idea on this... Have you got him used to working around other dogs? Maybie not in an obediance class, but even in a park or somewhere of the similar.

Good luck achieving your goal! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Travis, you're in SoCal maybe we could work together. Dutch passed her CGC with flying colors this past October.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:15 am

He has taken public classes and he definitely made progress, I just felt like it was too stressful on both of us. =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CGC and TDI   

Back to top Go down

CGC and TDI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-
Jump to: