HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Last night!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Last night!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:50 am

Dumb me decided that the dogs needed their nails trimmed.
Poor Baby, I cut one way too short, boy the blood was everywhere. Thank god for oxy clean! We put cornstarch on a damp paper towel and clotted her paw that way, but she is ignoring me this morning, can't say that I blame her. Thankfully Rex loves having his done, and I didn't mess him up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Last night!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:16 am

Have you ever tried using a dremel instead of the clippers? I only tried because my Iggies just acted so AWFUL, screaming, yanking their little paws at the very worst moment, ignoring treats ... you would have thought I was intending amputation, which ... lest anyone think that's the cause of the drama ... I never did and hardly ever even nicked 'em (although it wasn't THEIR fault).

Anyway ... Cruiser's GDB puppy raiser told me she uses the dremel and simply grinds away a bit and it's smoother, too. After they got accustomed to the noise, it works. I can actually do all 4 dogs in less than 30 minutes (usually LOTS less than 30 minutes), including mini-breaks with treats for the "survivor of the experience" and a little stretch for "moi." It used to be a real chore and now it's just "another thing to do" on a given Saturday.

Just a thought, anyway ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Last night!   Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm

I have always wanted to buy one, (a dremel) but just never think about it when I am out and about with money!
I will check them out on-line, and maybe there will be pointers on how to train the dogs to accept it.

I gave Baby a marrow bone this morning, so now we are friends again! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last night!   

Back to top Go down

Last night!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1